Home Forums The Woodshed Rockabillies live like it's the 1950s.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Louis Louis 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bendingtens
    bendingtens
    Participant

Years ago, I was in a country/rockabilly band in Austin, and as obsessed as I was with the sound of the ’50s, I was also obsessed with the clothes of that era. Eventually, I grew out of the phase, for a couple of reasons—I’m a slim guy, and the boxy-cut shirts and wide-legged pants seemed to magnify my less-than-studly physique. Still, I dig the look; this photo essay about those who walk the same walk is pretty cool:

Rockabillies live like it’s the 1950s

Don’t get me started on the rockabilly lifestyle. I’ve done one to many rockabilly festivals lol. The cars and the clothes are pretty dang cool, and I am a junk collector. I love old stuff, but man I don’t care to model my existence around the 1950’s. I think that all went out the window when I had kids. The music is hit and miss there is some great rockabilly music, there is also a lot of generic stuff. This is true in any genre though. I’m happy that there is a scene for this music, and happy the culture is strong. The photo essay is great. thanks for sharing

Louis
    Louis
    Participant

Interesting stuff! I follow Deke Dickerson and he seems to dig that retro stuff too…long live Bakelite!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.